Lake Sunapee Region for Kids
Posted by Pamela Perkins on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 2:35 PM By Pamela Perkins / March 16, 2020 Comment
Are your kids ready for a country adventure? The Lake Sunapee Region offers an abundance of activities for kids of all ages!
- Mt. Sunapee Adventure Park https://www.mountsunapee.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/play-all-day.aspx Whether your family enjoys zip-lines, ropes courses, mountain biking, disc golf, or an open-air chairlift ride to the summit – Mt. Sunapee promises a day of fun and adventure all summer long!
- Lake Sunapee State Park Beach - https://www.nhstateparks.org/visit/state-parks/mt-sunapee-state-park Open from 8am to 6pm every day of summer- this vast expanse of sand offers a perfect spot to plant the kids for the day. When they tire of the water – there is a playground nearby, bathrooms, changing rooms and a concession stand. Daily fees are $5.00 per adult and $2.00 per child.
- New London Barn Playhouse - https://www.nlbarn.org/ -Offering top quality family entertainment all summer long. Plan to take the kids to the Children's Series or a Wednesday matinee. Summer camps for kids ages 6-11 run weekly all summer with themes such as acting, musical theater, playwrighting, improv, dance and much more!
- We all Scream for Ice Cream! – Journey to Sunapee Harbor for QuackShack ice cream by the river. Head to Sanctuary Farm on Route 103, west of Mt. Sunapee for homemade ice cream and a chance to pet a miniature donkey! Bubba’s overlooking the water in Newbury Harbor states “There is nothing a good cone can’t fix”!
- Easy Hikes – Plan to conquer a leg of the 75-mile interconnected hiking loop called the Sunapee Ragged Kearsarge Greenway. SRKG.com – or head to Mt. Kearsarge which features a 2.4-mile round trip loop on the Wilmot side – or a much gentler 10-minute hike from the Warner side. The kids will love spending time at the summit and perhaps climbing up the fire tower for the best view of all.
- Youth Programs at The Fells – https://thefells.org/for-children There are a number of educational programs offered for children at The Fells – a lovely estate on the eastern shore of Lake Sunapee. Join a Questing program, make Fairy Houses in the woods or explore nature and the plants & animals that habitat this 83-acre sanctuary!